Performance Analysis Service
(PAS) collects system performance information. This information is used to recommend areas where systems are over (or under) provisioned, systems that would benefit from virtualisation and where ‘right-sizing’ would provide overall performance benefits
The move to Server Virtualisation
provides a whole range of benefits to organisations managing ICT infrastructure. However, by its very shared nature, in the management of mixed workloads across shared physical infrastructures, virtualisation re-introduces the requirements for disciplines that we were traditionally associated with the mainframe world
help address many of the issues for clients who are planning to virtualise their environments, or who already have either partly or fully virtualised infrastructures
- profiling workloads
- performance objectives definition
- resource contention management (across multiple operating system images and application instances)
- planning for capacity, growth and flexibility
The nature of virtualisation
also makes problem diagnosis more complex to manage where all server and storage resources are in a virtualised and shared infrastructure
simply involves downloading and running the data collector that collects performance statistics for a representative time period on the systems to be analysed. These flat files are then issued to us. A menu of online and offline services can then be provided
These services include
- Simulating the running of the systems on virtualised configurations. This takes into account the actual profile of each workload in terms of its resource consumption (e.g. CPU, IO, Memory, Network etc…) and their relationship to each other over time. It also factors in the relative performance characteristics of the existing systems, and the modelled virtual infrastructure. This means that very accurate predictions can be made to assess the optimum physical infrastructure
- Solving performance problems and optimising existing.
- Analysing and optimising existing virtualised infrastructure.
- Capacity planning, providing facts around existing use married to future forecasted growth projections
to the above an additional IOTrace analysis service allows detailed reporting of exact IO profiles and allow the following activities
- Classify IO in terms of what files are accessed, and type of access and performance characteristics.
- Identify and solve performance problems.
- Identify optimum file placement for storage tiering such as exploiting Solid State Disk. The benefits of introducing new media can also be modelled in terms of improved application response time.
Want to know more? Complete the below form and we’ll get back to you